“Ignorance of God’s Word has come to characterize both our nation and professing Christians. This ignorance is reflected in the latest polls conducted by the Barna Association which show that only 9% of Americans are Bible-believing Christians!
And what determines a Bible-believing Christian? Answers to the following six questions:
1) Does absolute moral truth exist?
2) Is the Bible totally accurate in all of the principles it teaches?
3) Is Satan a real being and not simply a symbolic force?
4) Can people earn their way into Heaven by doing good works?
5) Did Jesus live a sinless life?
6) Is God the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today?
Again, only 9% of Americans can answer these questions biblically, and only 17% of professing Christians can do so. Is it any wonder that a recent national poll by the George Barna’s American Culture and Faith Institute revealed that: ! 77% of Americans believe divorce is acceptable. ! 71% believe sexual intercourse between unmarried adults is acceptable. ! 69% believe having a baby out of marriage is acceptable. ! 58% believe viewing pornography is acceptable.
Or, consider what public opinion polls are showing regarding same-sex marriage: acceptance of the abomination of same-sex marriage has increased rapidly from 37% in 2007 to 62% in 2018. The acceptance among white Evangelicals has increased from 14% in 2007 to 35% in 2018. The latest poll in 2018 shows that Alabama is the only state in the Union where a majority of people oppose same-sex marriage!
Our nation needs to wake-up to the fact that legalizing an abomination does not make it moral.”
–David Reagan (The Lamplighter- Sept 2018)